Many skin, hair and nail conditions leave with time, however, others need treatment from a dermatologist, a doctor who specializes in skin care.
How do you know when it’s time to get help diagnosing, treating and managing a chronic skin condition? Check the following conditions to find out when to visit a dermatologist –
- Severe acne: If your acne is widespread on your face or body and products, it’s time to see a specialist. A dermatologist can give medications, as well as more intensive therapies such as chemical peels and laser treatments.
- Inflamed, red skin: If you have red, itchy and swollen skin, you may have a condition called eczema. Moreover, chronic redness or face flushing may indicate rosacea. Schedule a dermatology consultation if you have dry skin, redness, burning or pimple-like bumps so your specialist can pinpoint your condition.
- Dry skin patches: Red, elevated patches of dry or flaky skin anywhere on your body may signal psoriasis. Dermatologists treat psoriasis, a chronic autoimmune skin disease, with medications, creams, and ointments, so make an appointment immediately to get help.
- Skin growths & moles: Moles and skin tags can be undesirable to look at. If you notice moles or skin growths altering in shape, color, texture or size, make an appointment to see a dermatologist.
- Skin or nail infections: Your sensitive skin and nails can easily turn into a breeding ground for yeast, bacteria, viruses, and fungus. Skin discoloration, itching, pus, and warts are all indications of an infection that needs medical attention. A dermatologist can analyze your condition and prescribe a treatment plan.
- Hair loss: You normally shed hair on a daily basis, but bald patches or thinning hair can be an indication of a serious condition. A dermatologist determines why your hair is falling out and recommends treatments to re-establish growth or lessen the visibility of your hair loss.
- Age spots & wrinkles: While not hazardous, wrinkles, age spots, and age-related discolorations can make you look older than you feel. A dermatologist suggests therapies to reduce wrinkles, tighten skin and give you a more youthful appearance.
Schedule an Appointment
If you’re undergoing with the above-mentioned problems, consider taking treatment at Dr. Chhabra’s Skinlife Clinic. Schedule a free consultation at Dr. Chhabra’s Skinlife Clinic or call us at +91-99265-80465.