The skin rejuvenation treatment Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is often called a Vampire Facial that uses the patient’s own blood. Platelets found in plasma are removed from a sample of the patient’s blood, then injected into areas of the face to augment healing.
How Does The Vampire Facial Work?
Platelets are cells found in the bloodstream that allow blood to clot. When a clot is formed, platelets emit enzymes that boost healing and aid in tissue regeneration by drawing stem cells to the area to help repair the damage.
A Vampire Facial begins when the clinician withdraws a sample of the patient’s blood. The PRP is removed from it. Then this plasma is injected into key areas of the patient’s face using micro-needling technology.
These injections spur the production of collagen and the creation of new skin cells rich with human growth elements, which allow the skin to heal and renew itself, creating younger, firmer, and more supple skin.
The Vampire Facial gives new life to the patient’s skin with little downtime.
PRP Post Care Instructions
- Be careful to avoid sun exposure
- Wait at least 6 hours following treatment before applying sunscreen
- Wait at least 6 hours following treatment before applying makeup
- If you are prone to cold sores, you may experience a breakout; a prophylactic medication can be given to you
- A few hours following treatment, wash your face with lukewarm water, using a gentle massaging motion, to remove any remaining serum or dried blood
- For 1 to 3 days, your skin will feel tight and dry
- After 2 to 3 days, or when it feels comfortable, you can go back to your daily skin care regimen
- For 10 to 14 days, do not use toners containing alcohol
- For at least 10 days, take care to prevent direct sun exposure
Do You Want To Schedule An Appointment?
We, at Dr. Chhabra’s Skinlife Clinic, review your medical history and determine whether you are a good candidate for the vampire facial treatment. We can provide information on this procedure and how it can help you to enhance your skin. Schedule a consultation or call us at +91-99265-80465