What Causes Acne?
Usually, dead cells gather in the skin’s pores, then gradually rise to the surface of the openings and inevitably fall away from the skin.
A natural body oil called sebum keeps skin cells from drying out. The glands that produce this oil are joined to the pores.
At the point when excess sebum develops, it can make dead cells to stick together, forming a mixture that ends up caught in the pores.
Acne occurs when a pore becomes clogged with dead skin cells, natural body oils, and a kind of bacteria/ microbes. These bacteria live on the skin. If they enter and contaminate clogged pores, this causes acne blemishes to form.
Types of Acne
Most minor acne blemishes react to at-home care and over-the-counter medications. However, individuals with severe or long-term acne ought to talk with a dermatologist.
The following are common types of blemish associated with acne:
- Whiteheads – Whiteheads are sorts of noninflammatory acne lesion. They are the least serious types of acne.
- Blackheads – Blackheads are also called open comedones. They are little, black or dark-colored spots that may show up as somewhat raised bumps.
- Pustules, which are commonly called pimples – Pustules are bigger, tender bumps with a characterized circular center. The center is loaded up with whitish or yellowish pus, and the bump has a pink or red base.
- Papules – Papules are bumps under the skin’s surface. They are solid, tender, pink, and raised, and the skin around a papule is generally somewhat swollen and red.
- Nodules – Nodules are hard, painful, inflamed lumps found deep within the skin. They look like bigger, deeper papules and have no noticeable center or head. This kind of acne lesion develops when clogged pores harm tissues and cells deep beneath the skin’s surface. Nodules are a serious type of acne blemish, and they can cause skin complications such as dark spots or scarring.
- Cysts – Cysts are very large, soft, excruciating, red or white lumps arranged somewhere down in the skin. They are loaded up with pus. Cysts form deeper within the skin than nodules, and they are the most extreme type of acne blemish. Cysts can likewise cause skin complexities, such as scarring.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
We, at Dr. Chhabra’s Skinlife Clinic, determine whether you are a good candidate for acne and scar reduction treatment. We can provide information on this procedure and how it can help you to improve your skin. Schedule a consultation or call us at +91-99265-80465.